Saturday, November 7, 2009

What can you do when you are given a 24hour ultimatum at Heathrow to produce a transcript receipt from Nigeria

What can you do when you are given a 24hour ultimatum at Heathrow to produce a transcript receipt from Nigeria
My American citizen girlfriend is stranded at Heathrow Airport in London. she was on her way home to Alabama. Her flight originated from Lagos, Nigeria and stopped over at Heathrow. She was not allowed to board her flight for Dallas/Fort Worth because she did not have a Nigerian transcript receipt for this particular flight. She had all her travel arrangement processed by British Airways in Ibadan, Nigeria. For reasons unknown she was not given or adviced about the said transcript that she needed to carry on her flight. The immigration officials at Heathrow adviced her to get the transcript receipt from Nigeria at a cost of 450GBP and to produce it within 24 hours of her arrival otherwise will be sent back to Nigeria. I sent the money to her friend in Ibadan who went to pay the said amount and get the transcript from British Airways. Her friend sent the documents via Fedex Express for a 6 hour courier service to Heathrow. If my GF does not receive it on time, can she be okd to wait?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Something doesn't make sense here. First, I've never heard of a "Transcript receipt." Second, a US citizen holding a valid US passport has 180 days to play tourist in the UK; transiting is not a problem--having done both many times myself. Third, the airline will bear responsibility to transport her back to Lagos, since it was their mistake allowing her on the flight without supposed proper paperwork in the first place; so it's within the airline's best interest, financially, to ge their Heathrow office to work with the BA Lagos office and produce this paperworks--if they exist. My guy, I tell you it no add up. If you having more troubles than I can send you reliable contact informations to my uncle Barrister Prince Joe Eboh who will assist in these thing and can take emergency payment via western unions for only $250 Great british pound. My guy, I prey you henceforth to take immidiate actions in this matter and pm me to get my good uncles infomations. God bless you. I hope all of this answer help you to understand what is going on here and how to deal with it to get proper results.
2 :
BA should be able to produce all you need in London for no cost. Someones conned you out of 450 pounds I reckon. How well do you know this girl?
3 :
This is full of.....it. What transcript????? BA is all over the world, and all they can do is pull her PNR from the computer. Period. All transcripts HAVE TO be in English anyway. This story does not make sense. Especially if she booked with BA. If she in transit in London and not going out of the airport, she is allowed to return home. No matter which airline.

Search News