Thursday, January 21, 2010

To all Houstonians: How do I get from the International airport to the Greyhound station, at night

To all Houstonians: How do I get from the International airport to the Greyhound station, at night?
My flight arrives in Houston at 10:30 PM on a Sunday, and I need to get to Fort Worth, probably by Greyhound...but I dunno how to get to the Greyhound station D: Is there a shuttle, or a bus, or a magic dolphin that can take me there? Please let me know if so! (cabs are a little too expensive for me) Thanks! :D
Houston - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Metro has a bus route that will take you pretty close to the Greyhound station, but it does not run that late at night. http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/airport_direct.aspx It seems like a lot of trouble and expense to to take a taxi and then a long bus ride to Fort Worth. You are already at the airport just hop on a plane to Dallas Fort Worth Airport.
2 :
Unfortunately there aren't many options at night. Basically it's the taxi. I'm sorry. It's probably still cheaper than a flight between the two cities.
3 :
I was going to suggest a cab but Metro does have a service called Airport Direct. Its $15 and it will take you from the airport to there hub which is about a block over from the bus station. I will admit though Sundays downtown are pretty empty but there are lot of the wrong kind of people down there on Sunday nights (homeless,drug dealers, hustlers, etc.) and a lot of them hang near the bus station, the McDonald's near the station and under the freeway. Good luck. the website is ridemetro.org and use the airport direct link for more info

Search News