Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Can you take a pet in the cabin of an American Airline Plane

Can you take a pet in the cabin of an American Airline Plane?
I am buying a puppy and flying home on American Airline Flight 49 from Dallas Fort Worth Intl to San Francisco Intl. March 18th 4:10 pm. Can I take him home in a Sherpa Bag under my seat? What Papers do I need and who do I talk to at the airline? Do you have a phone number or email of someone at American Airlines, who can help me?
Dogs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no, I don't believe you can. They usually put animals in the belly of the plain.
2 :
Actually, most airlines allow you to take a small dog in the cabin if they fit inside one of those small pet carrier bags. They typically only allow 2 on any particular flight, so you do have to make sure you notify them ahead of time to ensure there aren't already more than 2 flying. Also, every airline does require specific shots and a vet visit before the flight. Contact American Airlines for their specific requirements. 1-800-433-7300

Search News