Wednesday, July 7, 2010

14 hour lay over question?
Im returning home for leave but the only flight I could get has a 14 hour layover in Dallas Fort Worth. It goes through to the next day! Do Air-Ports let you stay in there for that long? Because I really don't feel like spending even more money for a hotel room before I get home. Any info would be appreciated
Air Travel - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am assuming you are in the military from your question and picture. I've been through DFW many times - I doubt they will care if you hang (but you will be bored silly), especially if you have military ID - there are a lot of military folks passing through there. I suggest that you check with the USO there (I assume they have one - there is one at most airports). They may be able to fix you up with something. There is easily enough time to get into the city and back with that much of a lay over. Do your sleeping on the flights!
2 :
There is definitely a USO at that airport, and the folks there should be very helpful! Take a good book to read, since that is a LONG time between flights.
3 :
Hey hun, My question is where did you find this flight?? A 14 hour layover is so long. If you would like me to look into another possible flight for you I would be more then happy to. But if you have already gotten your flight then the info that was posted about the USO is correct. They are a great resorce for the military and they do have one in DFW. If you would like to let me know what post you are leaving from/going to and what your travel dates are I will look and see if I can find you a better priced and timed flight. Thanks for your service!!!
4 :
Can you get military rates at one of the airport hotels? The Hyatts at DFW are some of the best airport hotels anywhere and it may not be as much as you think.
5 :
there are two TSOs at DFW. There are all kinds of budget hotels around the airport (e.g. Super 8) which could surely get you a place to watch TV, shower etc. for maybe $50-$60.... 14 hours at airport sounds like cruel & unusual punishment

Search News