Friday, August 21, 2009

If my next flight is in the same terminal, do I have to go get my

If my next flight is in the same terminal, do I have to go get my....?
Next ticket, wait in line again, go get my bags, stand in security again, wait in line, have them check my bags again? If it's in the same terminal, how about a different terminal? How about if the other terminal is accessible with out going through security again? If it helps, I will be flying into Dallas Fort Worth (DFW). And my next plane takes off 45 minutes later. It is American airlines Or can I mosey on over, and go from there?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your luggage will be checked through all the way to your destination. You do not have to collect it and re-check it. You should also be given a boarding pass for your second flight when you check in for the first. So at Dallas all you have to do is find out from what gate your second flight leaves and get yourself there.
2 :
If you have 45 minutes DO NOT leave the secure area as you wil lhave to be rescreened, find your new gate, and stay close enough to hear the boarding announcements. It is a big airport, no moseying, if you want to shop, do it near your new gate
3 :
yep, check your bags through. If connecting flight is out of a different terminal (quite possible, as AA is in 4 out of the 5), you can take the little skytrain without exiting security.

Search News