Monday, September 7, 2009

Have you ever seen anyone get airsick on a plane

Have you ever seen anyone get airsick on a plane?
I'm flying by myself a week from today for the first time, I'm 16 years old, and I'm not concerned about ANYTHING at all except that someone next to me or near me will get airsick. Is airsickness common? I've never seen anyone experience it when I've flown with my family before, but I'm still concerned that someone will. I'm flying from JFK to Dallas/Fort Worth, how long is that flight? Thanks! Your guys's answers have really helped ease my anxiety a lot.
Health & Safety - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
never seen it, and i fly a lot
2 :
Hi, If you've flown with your parents, you should be fine. Just bring a book, your iPod, Walkman, etc, focus on the music and the book, bring a sketch pad, draw, write to home on the plane. If you see someone being "airsick" take sips of your drink, and if you feel queasy, go to the bathroom and let it out. Also, eat before being on the plane, it's horrible to throw up on an empty stomach. I don't really think it's common... But I hope I helped, good luck on the flight!! :) Love, Massie xx <3 PS, drink ginger ale!!
3 :
I have over a million miles in my frequent flyer account and have only seen people get airsick on a flight once and that was a special circumstance. It was on a very small plane that couldn't climb over the storm. We hit very heavy turbulence whice they were serving lunch and over half the people on the plane got sick. I almost did myself; not so much from the turbulence as seeing everyone else getting sick. However, this is extremely rare you shouldn't have any problem at all - most flights are very smooth.

Search News