Sunday, February 14, 2010

How early can I go to the airport and go through security

How early can I go to the airport and go through security?
I'm going to Wichita Falls, Texas to visit my fiance at his technical school (USAF) and I'm flying into Dallas/Fort Worth International airport. My flight for home leaves at 6 am and Wichita Falls is a 2 hour and 15 minute drive to Dallas. Rather than get up at 2am to drive to the airport with enough time to return the car rental and make it through security, I wanted to know if I could go through security the night before and just hang out overnight in the terminal. It would save me some hassle with the car rental and some money.
Air Travel - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
and they don't like people in the terminals at night, if there are no flights and you aren't 'stranded' by a flight. They make you leave now...
2 :
pretty sure they clear out secure area overnight. There are a hundred "value" hotels around the airport...
3 :
YOu can go to the airport any time you want to but you wouldn't get to go through security until about an hour before your flight.
4 :
Ugh, I drive to New Orleans which is 2.5 hours away and sometimes my flight is that early. I know you said money is an issue but look into cheap hotels nearby with an airport shuttle so you can drive in, drop your car off, stay the night, and hotel shuttle to the airport the next morning. Motel 6 is always cheap, stay a night there and drop the rental off in the morning. Or use couch surfing and see if anyone has a room nearby, for cheap or free. Then find those totals and see if it's worth spending that extra money or just getting up early. Sometimes I try to motivate myself with a breakfast treat at the airport when I get there. Or make a good mix CD to listen to on the drive. Prepare a smoothie or good coffee to be ready in the morning, or stop at a convenience store for something to get you going. I've always found it was just cheaper to get up early and go than to try much the night before, but you might have better luck.
5 :
the closest you can get it turning everything in then staying at a "airport hotel" those are usually 150 a night with a free shuttle to the air port.

Search News