Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to get from Dallas, TX to Shreveport, LA

How to get from Dallas, TX to Shreveport, LA?
Please I need to know wich is the best option (besides taking a Flight) to get from Dallas, Texas to Shreveport, Louisiana, (I will be landing at Dallas-Fort Worth Intl. Airport) and how much will I spend. Thank You. I heard something about Amtrak rail service, it sounds good Does anybody know about it? or you think is not a good idea.
Dallas - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Amtrak is good. Here is your best option... http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak Good luck , Have fun...
2 :
If you are not going to fly you could take the bus. It is cheaper and probably as fast as amtrak. the trains in the U.S. are not like the trains in Europe
3 :
Driving takes three to four hours, so by train it will be about the same. Unless you get lucky and the freight trains don't hold you up.
4 :
i make that trip at least once a month. just take I-20 straight to louisiana, it passes right through the middle of shreveport. very simple.
5 :
I-20 east and there you are. I would drive. It's like the other person said only 3 hours or so.
6 :
i actually JUST got back home to dallas from shrevepot about an hour ago. The best way is to drive. Its a boring drive... but its only 3 hours. From Dallas.. take 635 south to 80. Then that to I20 east and that will take you all the way to Shreveport. The speed limit is 70 daytime and 65 night time pretty much the whole way.

Search News